Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Off to Europe

I leave with the rest of our team for Romania tomorrow. I'm very excited about what God is doing in my life right now and I think this trip may be a tipping point; I hope so.

One issue we are facing with the trip is purely logistical. Lufthansa, the airline we will be flying from Chicago to Munich to Bucharest, is in the process of taking a strike vote among their ground crew employees. There should be no chance of interference with our flight over, but the trip back could be more eventful. I wonder what it would be like to be trapped in Europe by an airline strike. There are worse things, I suppose. Too bad the dollar's so weak right now.

On a related note, the saga with my missing laptop continues. Here's a shipping company recommendation...do not, under any circumstances, use DHL if what you are shipping absolutely, positively has to be there overnight. Apparently their guarantee only applies if it works out that you actually get your package. I am very frustrated with them at this point. On the other hand, if this is my biggest worry, life isn't too bad.

Pray for peace and our mission trip.
Mike

No comments: