Saturday, December 15, 2007

I hate snow

Sandi and I went to the management Christmas party last night. It was at Charlie Gitto's at Harrah's. Lot's of fun and great food. We left early to keep Bec from being alone too long. Then I went to Brad's bachelor shindig--not a lot of people, but we had a good time. I think those guys spent the night, but I came home about 1 AM to try and get some rest. It's been a long week. The snow had started by then. I hate snow.

I have yet to find a snow shovel that doesn't suck. And by that I don't mean to suggest that shoveling snow might ever not suck, but that it would still be nice to find a shovel that would actually get the snow off the driveway and not poke me in the gut every 8 seconds. And then, of course, once you get the stupid snow off the driveway then it just snows some more and covers it right back up. And don't get me started about whoever it is who plows our street. Definitely a short bus reject or an escapee from a mental ward. One pass; sometimes the blades down; sometimes maybe it's not. Maybe he'll clean the middle, maybe the left side, maybe the right. The biggest problem is that the city doesn't plow the streets in our subdivision. The developer, who must have been equally retarded, decided he would set up it as private snow removal so we have to pay even more ridiculous subdivision fees so that our neighborhood council, or whatever it's called, can hire the cheapest guy they can find.

I hate snow.

No comments: