Saturday, January 31, 2009

An Oversight

In the previous post I said there were 4 who fit the description of true, lifetime friend for me, but there is a fifth who is likely the most steadfast of all. She and I have been through much together and have managed to stay in touch with some frequency through all these years. Perhaps that is why I forgot to include her. We did not just reconnect, we have stayed connected. She was the first friend I made at college and possibly the best. She has never judged me, in spite all of the times she probably should have. And I can only think of a very few times that she was ever really angry with me; again, in spite of all of the times when she probably should have been. A patient listener and an honest advisor, she is dear to me.

More evidence that we can so quickly overlook those who are nearest to us.

No comments: